Do you or a loved one suffer from chronic sinusitis?
Here are five ways in which you can manage sinusitis using things that are commonly found at home. It is extremely pertinent to remember that these solutions only offer temporary relief.
- Drink ample amounts of fluid and use a humidifier at home. Dry environments can irritate the sinus, further exacerbating the condition. Keeping yourself hydrated from within and without can help you feel better.
- Apply a warm compress on the head for pain relief from sinus headaches. In addition to the compress, you can use a balm or apply eucalyptus oil on the forehead and the bridge of the nose to alleviate sinus pain.
- Nasal irrigation using saline can considerably help alleviate sinusitis. Prepare a saline solution by dissolving 1 teaspoon of water in 100mL of clean water. Spray this into the nose to help alleviate the symptoms.
- Inhale steam to help clear blocked or stuffed sinuses. Boil water and add some eucalyptus oil or any other essential oil to it. Cover your head with a towel or sheet as you inhale the steam.
- Drink warm soup and other warm fluids to provide some relief from pain.
If the symptoms of sinusitis persist over 14 days, consult an ENT specialist at the earliest. The doctor can help identify the cause and determine an accurate treatment plan.